From treating migraines to boosting your immune system, IV therapy is something more people are turning to in order to improve energy levels, improve chronic fatigue conditions, and even battle depression.
How Does IV Therapy Work – and Why Is It More Effective than Taking a Supplement
When you take supplements, a portion of the vitamin or mineral is not absorbed. It is either broken down during digestion too quickly or not able to be absorbed through the stomach. By bypassing the digestive system and delivering the vitamins and minerals intravenously, you receive a more potent dose of the vitamins directly into your blood stream, where they can work more quickly. This higher absorption rate – approximately 90% – of vitamins ensures that you get the full benefit of their properties.
What Can IV Therapy Treat?
Many patients who come to Complete Neurological Care for IV Therapy for Headaches. We use IV therapy to eliminate refractory headaches or migraines. The IV drugs used may consist of magnesium, steroids, Keppra, Depakote, or Toradol. However, we also offer IV Vitamin Therapy, which are a multi-vitamin infusion used intravenously helps address chronic fatigue syndrome, improve energy levels, and reduce symptoms of fatigue. IV Vitamin Therapy has been used to treat muscle pain, fibromyalgia, allergies, and infections.
What Kind of Vitamins Are in the IV Therapy?
IV vitamin therapy can be customized for the patient and may include:
- B-Complex: improves metabolism, has anti-inflammatory properties
- Biotin: Improves hair, skin, and nails; also important in maintaining blood glucose levels
- Folic Acid: Necessary for healthy nerve function and the immune system
- Vitamin B1: Helps with blood sugar levels, improves cognition, and protects the heart – and this is one vitamin we cannot make on our own.
- Vitamin B5: (pantothenic acid): Improves energy, mood, and skin health.
- Vitamin B6: improves metabolism and helps to detoxify the body
- Vitamin C: improves the immune system, joint health, and cardiovascular health
- Magnesium: improves nerve, muscle, and skin health, and aids in the process of more than 300 metabolic functions.
If you’re suffering from headaches, fatigue, pain or another condition, contact us today for IV vitamin therapy treatment. Complete Neurological Care has 7 convenient locations in Queens, Downtown Manhattan, Midtown Manhattan, Long Island, Upper West Side, the Bronx, and New Jersey. Our expert neurologists offer the skills and technology necessary to diagnose and treat your neurological concerns.